- $5,000,000 Airplane crash wrongful death of airline passenger
- $4,000,000 settlement for two clients injured in an overseas aviation accident
- $3,500,000 Airplane crash wrongful death or airline passenger
- $3,000,000 settlement for a young woman who suffered a brain injury after her vehicle was struck by a tractor trailer
- $2,700,000.00 settlement on behalf of a commercial airline passenger severely injured during airplane crash landing
- $2,500,0000.00 recovery for the estate of a passenger who died as the result of an airline’s failure to provide proper medical assistance or divert its aircraft during an in-flight medical emergency.
- $2,000,000 against fixed base operator for negligence maintenance resulting in the crash of a probate aircraft
- $1,800,000 recovery on behalf an injured construction worker
- $1,600,000 recovery on behalf of a passenger injured while exiting an aircraft on a defective mobile staircase
- $1,500,000 on behalf of an elderly passenger dropped by wheelchair attendant during boarding
- $1,450,000 wrongful death settlement on behalf of construction worker
- $750,000 settlement for passenger struck in airport terminal by a courtesy passenger shuttle
- $700,000 recovery for passenger who suffered burns from hot liquid aboard commercial airline flight.
- $650,000 recovery; burns after flight attendant dropped scalding hot beverage on passenger.
Other Representative and Notable Cases:
- November 12, 2001 loss of American Airlines flight 587 which crashed shortly after take-off, wrongful death lawsuits on behalf of multiple families against both American Airlines, and Airbus for products liability on the theory that the defective design of the aircraft’s rear vertical stabilizer was a cause of the airliner’s loss of control and ultimate crash. All cases resulted in confidential settlements;
- Confidential settlement, in-flight fire and emergency evacuation, passengers injured descending inflatable slide;
- Confidential settlement, in-flight failure of airplane cabin pressure resulting in a multiple passenger hearing loss claims and injuries;
- Magan v. Lufthansa, we argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and defeated the airline industry’s attempt to limit recovery for turbulence caused injuries under the Warsaw Convention. We then took the case to trial and won a significant verdict on behalf of the injured passenger;
- A multimillion dollar wrongful death and personal injury recovery in the Staten Island Ferry crash of 2003; Abe represented a number of victims and served as a steering committee member defeating attempts by the City of New York to limit the damages to passengers under federal maritime law;
- A multimillion dollar recovery in the 2011 collision of the Amtrak California Zephyr with a tractor trailer in the dessert near Miriam Nevada that resulted in multiple deaths and catastrophic injuries to our two clients;
- A multimillion dollar recovery for a pilot who survived the fiery crash of a private Beechcraft Bonanza aircraft;
- A multimillion dollar recovery for victims of failed metal on metal hip Depuy ASR Defective Hip Replacements;
- In re: Vytorin and Zetia; represented Suffolk County New York in a mass tort action against the makers of the cholesterol inhibitor drugs which resulted in a settlement of over forty million dollars by the drug makers;
Our firm has also been a voice for victims of the 9/11 terrorist bombings under the government sponsored victims compensation fund.
Abe has handled hundreds of other complex personal injury actions and has won millions of dollars for victims of car accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, nursing home abuse, police assault and defective drugs and medical devices.